NELSON GAY, Saint Peter, Barbados
A stay at Nelson Gay unveils six decades of charm and sophistication presented on two acres of mature and immaculately lush gardens. Located on a beautiful half-mile of beach on the outskirts of Speightstown Barbados, its surrounding waters and reef are a playground for swimmers and snorkelers.
The purely coralline creation was originally built as the home of a United States Ambassador in the 1950s, and reflects a Palladian grandeur with 14-foot ceilings in the living room. To add to this, the villa’s stunning 50-foot pool features testudinal décor and is positioned like a path from the centre of the house that summons the sea on its farthest end.
This family-friendly villa has a bounty of restful spaces and formal or alfresco dining areas, including a delightful option to dine by candlelight. The dwelling features a predominantly white canvas – a compliment to the tropical landscape – and is accentuated with several unique pieces and antiques. The sleeping quarters are remarkably fresh and airy, with comfortable beds, quality cotton sheets, and hypoallergenic pillows.
Further outside are two charming chattel houses, as well as an elegant garden gazebo complete with a wet bar. Two covered terraces on the north and south wing bedrooms offer additional privacy and comfort, while on the seaside, a large area in front of the house is roped off with buoys for safe swimming.
The Villa Manager and their diligent staff are fully dedicated to your needs during your stay and will craft fond memories for you at Nelson Gay.
* Pool, Beachfront, Garden, Gazebo
* Wetbar, Barbeque Area, Media Room
* Cable TV, DVD Player, Wifi, Books
* Air-Conditioned Bedrooms, Ceiling Fans
* Security Safe, Stereo, Hair Dryer
* Beach Chairs, Beach Shower
* Watersports by request
* Housekeeping Service Provided 7 Days Per Week
* Chefs – Service Provided 7 Days Per Week
* Bedroom 1 – Master: King-size bed, Toilet, Shower, Single Vanity, Ensuite
* Bedroom 2 – Master: King-size bed, Toilet, Shower, Single Vanity, Ensuite
* Bedroom 3 – Erte: Queen-size bed, Toilet, Tub/Shower, Single Vanity, Ensuite
* Bedroom 4 – Green Room: 2 Twin-size beds, Toilet, Tub/Shower, Single Vanity, Ensuite
* Bedroom 5 – South Wing: Queen-size bed, A/C, WiFi, TV and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Guest Cottage (Chattle House)
* Bedroom 6 – Cottage: King-size bed, Toilet, Shower, Single Vanity, Ensuite
*Special arrangements can be made to sleep extra guests (up to 18-20 guests in total). This will require the use of two charming chattel houses, each sleeping two, and use of the media room (with shared bathroom). Extra cost for each of these bedrooms would be an additional per night fee of $US100 + 10% Shared Economy Levy + 1.5% Service Fee.